Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finding Normal

Yesterday I was congratulating myself for not letting Daughter get on Facebook. It was bad enough that Flasher was using Facebook to send messages via her friend, I didn't want him sending them directly to her. This morning I got on Facebook and there was a new friend request-- from Daughter. From the looks of things she got on and signed up early this morning. She even has a profile picture-- which looks like it was taken with the camera on my old laptop this morning. She's holding Kitten and wearing her pj's.
.
I guess getting on Facebook makes her a little more normal. I'm not thrilled, but I'm not going to try to get her off. She put me on her friend list, which will make it easier to monitor what she's doing. She doesn't need reason to unfriend me, which she probably could do without problem since she figured out how to set it all up on her own. It's going to be very difficult to cut off her communication with Flasher now. She found normal.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Normal scares me with our kids. Love that she friended you. :-)

Miz Kizzle said...

I'm astonished that she was able to figure out how to do it. This is a young woman who is unable to keep herself dry at night or do simple arithmetic.
I'm also surprised that she "friended" you. She knew you didn't want her on Facebook. Wow.

maeve said...

I've also allowed Miss K to have a Facebook page(s). The deal is that she needs to "friend" me and that I won't comment on her posts. K can't do math either, by the way, but she can sure get around on a computer. I think that trauma causes the brain to have "missing" places.

Reverend Mom said...

Daughter is full of surprises. I told Far Away Sister that I thought that anyone under a certain age was just wired to figure this stuff out. It will be interesting to see who she friends. Maybe if she can interact with them online, she won't feel as isolated out here in Tiny Village.

Linda said...

DQ had to give me her password to have computer access and facebook. She'd give it to me then go ahead and chat while I was on my laptop. She knew I could see it all, but it didn't stop her. I couldn't figure that one out. The stuff I learned that way was stuff you wouldn't want you mom reading. These splinter skills amaze me....figuring out computer social sights, but can't count past 20. That would be Andrew.