Friday, May 28, 2010

A Clean Desk

I am sitting at a clean desk. I arranged for C, my personal assistant to come this morning and work with me for 3 hours. It had been a couple of months since she had been here. It took 3 hours with both of us working to get my desk cleared off, but we did it, and it's wonderful to be able to sit here to do my work.
.
I was debating what my priorities were for the afternoon when I received a phone call from one of our women who is in her 90's. She still lives in her own home, but she doesn't drive. Officially, she was calling me about an address to send a card to one of her classmates. She sounded so down as she inquired about the health and well-being of various individuals. I asked her if she'd like to go visit a couple of them at the nursing home. Her voice perked up immediately.
.
After I finish the chef salad I made myself for lunch and do a little work on the sermon, I'm going to go pick her up. I will have company for my nursing home rounds today. It will be nice. I like this woman, and I haven't had an opportunity to sit and talk to her for a while. Now I will.
.
In other news, Daughter was dry again this morning. She ran to tell C the news when C arrived as Daughter was waiting for the bus. She's very excited about her accomplishment. I'm relieved, and hoping it will continue.

No comments: