Thursday, May 20, 2010

Of Course

As I mentioned, this is a very busy week, and there isn't much time to squeeze in other commitments. Last night I received a phone call that one of our members is in the hospital with some rather serious health issues, and could be facing surgery. On my way home from a meeting today, I made a detour by the hospital. It only added about 20 miles onto the trip. He still doesn't know if he'll need surgery. I told him I'd stop back by if he isn't discharged.
On my way home, I received a phone call. The man I visited with communion yesterday was told today that instead of going home from rehab this weekend, he'll be moving to the nursing home on medicaid. His son wondered if I could go see him, as he knew his dad would take it hard. Of course the nursing home is in the opposite direction from the hospital. At some point I need to finalize worship. Everything will get done. I'm grateful that these things are relatively minor, and I haven't had to contend with multiple emergencies this week.

No comments: