Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Sign of Hope

Daughter came home yesterday and told me about a friend she saw during her layover at the workshop. He asked her out on a date. She said yes. What little I know of the guy does not endear him to me. I don't think he is a good choice for her. In fact, I think she needs to take a break from romance for at least 6 months. Here's the hopeful part of it: She's moving beyond Flasher.
.
Yesterday she came home excited about being at the gift shop. I told her it sounded like she liked being at the gift shop. She lowered her head and looked away. "You don't want to admit you like it." She looked up with a huge smile on her face. "Okay. You're right."
.
I've been working on getting my old laptop ready to pass on to her. I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the software. Now comes the waiting as I download and install all the updates that have come out in the last 3-4 years. Daughter is excited about getting the computer, and she's being very patient while she waits for me to finish gettingn it ready for her.
.
I love my new computer. I bought a new router at the same time, so everything is working faster and is more dependable. The old one had gotten so slow and undependable. It took forever to do anything on it. This one is so much faster, and Win.dows 7 is a wonderful improvement over previous versions (my old laptop ran Vis.ta). Of course, starting over with the old one is improving it's performance some. Daughter has wanted a new laptop forever. This is the first time the old one was operational enough to try to pass it on to her.

No comments: