Sunday, May 2, 2010

Energy Levels

There seems to be a direct connection between my energy level and the amount of drama Daughter is generating. After worship and errands in town, we came home and watched a movie (and I slept through part of it), and then I moved into the kitchen to tackle some cooking tasks. I'm now done, and everything is washed (though not necessarily put away). I made 20 individual servings of Spanish rice for the freezer, 8 servings of pizza macaroni, made bacon bits, and made a fruit salad with fresh strawberries. Daughter came in and wrote out the labels for the freezer foods, including the number of carbs in each. We now have 6 different varieties of single servings in the freezer. We've been using them for lunches, but they also work for supper on nights I don't want to cook. I'm really enjoying preparing these meals for the freezer. I use whole grain pasta, brown rice, and ground turkey and turkey pepperoni to make them a bit healthier. Daughter likes choosing what she is going to take each day.
.
Daughter has some concerns about starting at the gift shop, and she wet the bed last night after 2 dry nights. We talked about her concerns, and for the most part she's been cooperative. I think that after a few days there, she will settle back into the routine and do well. That's my hope, anyway. After all the running I've done this week, it was nice to have several hours in the kitchen doing things I wanted to do. Very nice.

No comments: