Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trauma and Grace

In the podcasts I've been listening to this week, I heard an interview with Serene Jones, president of Union Theological Seminary in New York. She has written a book called Trauma and Grace, and I've become intrigued by it. I've listened to a lecture she gave about it. I've ordered the book. I'm trying to make sense of it and figure out how it connects with Daughter and some of her current struggles. I am certain that it will help me understand some of what is going on in our world today as well. I'm hungering for more of her analysis on this, and am looking forward to getting my hands on the book.
.
I read Trauma and Recovery a number of years ago, and I know it spoke powerfully to me and helped me understand Daughter. I may need to dig that book out again, as well. I need a better understanding of what I need to do to help her move beyond her current stuck point.

No comments: