Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Glimpse of Humor

Daughter has dug a deep, dark hole, and is unwilling to do the things she needs to do to get out of it. To say being around her is unpleasant would be an understatement. This morning she wouldn't let me hug her good bye. She was telling Kitten good bye and how much she loved her. I said, "Maybe if I became a cat you would be nice to me."
.
She was headed out the door, but she turned around and came back into my study. She waved an imaginary magic wand and said, "Flickety-flick." She stood and studied me for a minute and said, "Sorry, didn't work." With that she turned and walked out the door.
.
It's not much, but today I will celebrate a glimpse of humor. I will view it as a sign of hope.

2 comments:

maeve said...

How funny! Did someone, sometime, tell you that this girl is developmentally delayed? She's pretty smart about some stuff!

Reverend Mom said...

Even in her abnormalities she's not normal-- that's what makes her so frustrating!