Thursday, April 22, 2010

Alternatives

I talked to Case Manager this morning. There was another Day Hab program that was a possibility. I asked her to get a guarantee that they would accept Daughter before we went further with it. Both Case Manager and I suspect that the one we visited Monday was spooked when they read Daughter's plan and saw her emotional and health challenges.
.
I told Daughter there were two possibilities. Initially she was quite excited about the possibility of the gift shop, she started talking about who was there and what they did. Suddenly her face fell. "I'd be at the workshop for a while every day." That is the major red flag I see in this plan. Therapist and I discussed it. I don't think Daughter is strong enough to resist the temptation right now.
.
The second Day Hab program wouldn't come this far, so the gift shop and the day care center are the two options I have right now. I'm going to take it week by week, but I'm keeping her at the adult day care center for now. She told me tonight that she wants Flasher back. It confirms my sense that she can't handle being there even for 30 minutes a day right now.
.
Some of the people who have been creating the drama may be leaving the workshop soon. But if the drama has become part of the culture, other people will step up to continue the drama.
.
I'm tired. It's been an exhausting week. Tuesday night Daughter fed Kitten, and spilled cat food all over the floor. I asked her to sweep it up. Last night I noticed she hadn't done it. I asked her to sweep it up. Tonight it was still there. She refused to sweep it up, so I just did. She refused to do any work tonight, but wants me to take her shopping for new clothes. I think all the stress is getting to both of us. It took me 5 minutes to figure out where the keys were to the lock box with the insulin in it. She makes so much extra work for me, and tonight I'm resenting it.
.
She had a good day at the adult day care center today, and it's taking over an hour out of my day to transport her to it. Now some days I can combine it with other trips, but other days it's simply time out of my day. This has been the busiest week I've had in ministry in quite a while, and I'm behind on all the household tasks. At this point, not only is she refusing to do her share, she's making more work for me. Tonight, the stress of the week is catching up with me.
.
We will adjust. It will get better. It will. I think I'll go to bed early. Maybe that will help....

No comments: