Friday, April 30, 2010

Psychiatrist

When we saw Psychiatrist this week, I was hoping for a med change to make life easier. She told me (again) that she didn't think this was a medication issue, but a developmental issue and the way someone with poor coping skills handles extreme stress. Not what I wanted to hear. But, I have to say, she knows her stuff, and I'm grateful we found her. Therapist tried to refer someone to her this week, and she's not taking new patients.
.
Anyway, Daughter was completely different after hearing she'd be starting at the gift shop on Monday. She is happy, cooperative, and she didn't wet the bed last night. Today she's going to daycare. I have a meeting and nursing home visits. Therapist is going to see her at the daycare center. She'll think I was hallucinating the behaviors when she talks to Daughter today.
.
I hope Daughter will remain happy for an extended period of time. It would make my life so much easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you.....