Wednesday, April 28, 2010

30 Minutes, 1.5 Miles, 2 Phone Calls




So as I waited for Daughter to come home, my phone began ringing. "I just saw Daughter walking along the highway toward Town. It looked like she had a cell phone." "I don't want to be a busy body, but Daughter just walked past my house talking on a cell phone." She found the cell phone I had hidden in my bedroom. By the time I went to get her, she'd been gone 30 minutes and walked 1.5 miles. She wasn't prepared with food in case of a low, so I went and picked her up. Initially she refused to get in the car. I'm sure that by now all of Tiny Village knows Daughter ran away, as several more people drove by as I was trying to convince her to get in the car.


.


She had no money (I checked-- thinking she might have stolen money from my purse again.) Her plan was to go stay in a park. She wanted to see Flasher. She's not safe here, and of course Flasher will keep her safe.


.


I knew I was in trouble when I saw the moon last night. We had a concert. I asked her to give me an early Mother's Day present and not try to convince me she had to leave during intermission. So she tried to convince me she was too sick to stay before the concert even began. It was a wonderful concert, and as we were driving home, I was looking at the moon, fearing that there would be challenges ahead. I was right.


3 comments:

maeve said...

I think you're right about the moon. We're going a little nuts over here as well. She's the poster child for "dysregulated" isn't she? It probably doesn't help you a bit to know that I'm counting my blessings, does it? Sadly, I've been where you are and it's a terrible, worrisome, frustrating place to be. My RADult always fell apart in the spring, which wasn't an anniversary of anything that I knew about, and now I think that there's a certain amount of freedom when the weather gets better -- it's harder to run away from home when it's cold and snowing. Maybe you could lock up her shoes.

Reverend Mom said...

I have to rearrange the schedule for her birth control pills. I don't want PMS and full moon coinciding as they did this month.

maeve said...

I'm laughing out loud. Miss K's issues are also related to PMS and the moon. And we have no birth control pills, although I think we might need some.