Friday, April 23, 2010

Shifting my Focus

Time to kick myself out of this funk and focus on the positive. I have been reflecting on God's hand in the midst of all of this. Removing Daughter from the toxic environment at the workshop should work to stabilize her and make it easier on her when we do move. It is also removing her from daily contact with her friends, so she will miss them less. If we go someplace where we have to wait for services, we will already be experienced in figuring out alternatives. My hope is that all of this will make the move easier when it comes.
.
Holy Week I interviewed with two churches. I really liked the one, which was about an hour from my closest friend and within 90 minutes of Sister and Brother. I was concerned because I didn't have experience in one area they were seeking. I told them that, and expressed a willingness to take a class to learn (it was technology related). They asked me for a sermon CD, which I provided. Yesterday Daughter was telling me she needed a trip to visit family. She wanted to see Sister and Short Niece. I was thinking that it was too bad I hadn't heard from that church, because I could drop Daughter off with them if I were to go to an interview. Within an hour, they called me. I have a second phone interview with them Monday night.
.
This one could fall through, too. I know, though, that God is at work in our lives and I will receive the right call at the right time.

3 comments:

maeve said...

I'll be thinking of you on Monday. This does sound promising. Sometimes things work out for the best if we're willing to wait.

Have a great week-end.

I'm finding myself fascinated by how your DD is so positively reinforced by attention to her "made up" illnesses. She's so good at it. And so is my Miss M. Even now, in her early forties, she uses this for attention. I think that you and I should collaborate on a book.

Linda said...

I love how you see the good in everything. It is true-God is good.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Maybe because the real malady is untreated.

Hope you two do colloborate on a book.

(I have a project out called ATTACHMENT WITH AN ACCENT).