Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Going to Be a Long Weekend

I asked Daughter to fold about a dozen microfiber cloths I had removed from the dryer. She folded one, and then couldn't stay awake. She suggested that if I took her out for ice cream, that would wake her up. For some strange reason, I wasn't in the mood to take her out for ice cream.
.
She spent the rest of the day hiding in her room. I intercepted 2 cans of pineapple and the can opener from her on her way up the stairs. I asked her if she ever planned to do a chore again. She informed me that I'm scaring her so she's just going to hide in her room all weekend. She'll survive by sneaking food out of the pantry. She refuses to tell me what I'm doing that's scaring her. I have the feeling it is going to be a very long weekend....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're certainly smart enough to outmaneuver your DD. If she wants to hide in her room, fine, but don't let her have TV, computer, music or especially food in there. Give her some laundry to fold and tell her that when it's done to your satisfaction you'll do something fun together.

Linda said...

DQ pulls this one all the time with dad. When she doesn't want to do something or doesn't get her way she'll retreat to her room or the house stating she's scared of him. Of course won't say why. I try to not roll my eyes (at least so she doesn't see)and tell her when she's ready to help with the family she can have the privileges that a family enjoys. Or to be more blunt I say "You do something for me and I'll do something for you". I hope dd turns the weekend around so you can enjoy some of it!

Reverend Mom said...

All she has in her room is a mattress and her clothes. She hasn't had TV privileges for several weeks. Food is eaten in the kitchen (at least authorized food is).

I suspect Daughter's fear was coming from what she was doing in her room. She wasn't making the connection, so she blamed me. I hope you have a quiet weekend and DQ is safe with her friend....