Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Busy Week

This is turning into a very busy week. I'm grateful Daughter is doing so well. I dropped her off at daycare this morning. She was a little nervous, but overall happy and chipper.
.
She did really well yesterday. It was a long day, and she was very patient and didn't complain as she entertained herself through an afternoon of visits and an evening of commitments at the church. I had today all planned out-- I was going to get the newsletter done and then go pick up Daughter and take her to the Special Olympics fundraising supper.
.
I got a call this morning. The man who collapsed in church Sunday is having heart surgery this afternoon--at the hospital that is over an hour away. He'd like me to be there, so I'll be there. I tried to visit him in the hospital yesterday, but his wife wouldn't allow him in the directory. She was trying to keep some people from finding him. The fact that she wants me at the hospital this afternoon means I really do have to be there. I probably won't be able to stay until it's done, but I will definitely be there to pray with him before he goes in. I have to pick up Daughter by 5:00. Fortunately, this hospital is in the same direction as the daycare center.
.
Daughter wrote Flasher a letter yesterday telling him it's over and to leave her alone. He'd left another voice mail yesterday morning. Just the sound of his voice sets her off. I'm a little bit concerned, but she has decided that she needs to hand him the letter personally. She says it's her responsibility. She's right, but I worry about the way hearing his voice affects her. Hopefully she can give it to him tonight, and that chapter of her life will be over. I still have custody of her cell phone.
.
Now I need to get over to the church. I have less than 3 hours to finish the newsletter....

No comments: