Friday, April 2, 2010

Trade Offs

Yesterday afternoon Daughter decided that I'm not the enemy after all. That's good news, and she was cooperative yesterday evening, which was a welcome change. In fact, after worship, she gathered up the candles and candle holders from the tenebrae service and took care of them without being asked. She was quite patient as we tried to figure out the visual display for Easter morning.
.
Unfortunately, there are trade offs. So after a number of nights without wetting the bed, she wet it last night. She's already frustrated this morning. She was in here chattering about what fun we were going to have today. I reminded her that I need to work. I asked her to take care of her bedroom-- specifically all the dirty clothes that have once again been dumped on her floor. Instead, she decided she was going to draw pictures. She wants to go shopping to City to buy supplies for her artwork. Of course, she has no money since she has been refusing to work at the workshop. It's certainly a realistic plan-- Mom has told me she needs to work, that means she can take me to City which is 45 minutes away to buy me art supplies which she will pay for since I don't have any money. It won't be a problem that I haven't done any chores around the house all week.
.
Even with all that, if she's not sleeping all the time or raging, it's progress and I'll take it....

No comments: