Friday, April 9, 2010

No Magic Eraser

Once again Daughter came downstairs this morning affectionate and apologetic. She seems to think that if she apologizes, it erases the reality that she is refusing to cooperate or do any work around the house. I've got to admit, it's a great idea. Refuse to work, let mom do everything, and then apologize and everything will be fine.
.
Being a mean mom, I don't see it working that way. I told her I had been considering going to City tomorrow, but since I had all this extra work I was having to do, I was too far behind to make the trip. That bothered her quite a bit. Will it make a difference? I doubt it. The problem is, at some point I'm going to have to go to City. Since my day off is booked solid next week, it's going to be hard to find a time I can go and not take her. I'm reluctant, though, to give her what she considers a real treat when she is being so uncooperative here at home.
.
The good news is that she's off to the workshop for another day. Hopefully my day will be productive, and tomorrow I can focus on household chores and not church work.

No comments: