Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Senior Luncheon

Today was our monthly senior luncheon at the community building across the church parking lot. We had our largest crowd ever-- with 2 new people. They loved the egg stratas I had made. We also had muffins and fruit. Daughter asked to do the prayer before the meal, and did a good job with it. She also called bingo. I left early and went to visit one of the saints.
.
When we were both at home, she told me she thought we should go shopping this afternoon. I explained (again) that I have work to do. She doesn't understand my work. She has no concept of money, and no ability to save. She received a belated birthday card and check yesterday. She immediately wanted to take me out to supper. She's quite frustrated that she actually has some money and I won't take her out to spend it immediately. I've tried 40 million ways to help her understand, but 3 year old children aren't capable of understanding, and this afternoon, she's 3.
.
She used up her resources for being responsible and productive today at the senior luncheon. It's going to be a long afternoon and evening. If she can't go to town and shop, all she wants to do is sleep. At least if she's sleeping, she's not bothering me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleeping when one isn't tired or ill is a way to escape reality. I am an attorney and I have visited a fair number of jails. I was surprised to learn that sleep is hugely popular among the incarcerated. It's a way of making the time go...