Monday, April 19, 2010

Drama and Daycare

I am now in possession of Daughter's cell phone. Flasher called and left her two voice mails this morning. He is sorry about his mom, he still loves, he wants their relationship to continue, and he provided instructions for how to contact him without either of the evil moms knowing about it. Daughter admitted that she had had a friend send him text messages on her behalf. I had text messaging blocked on her phone after she subscribed to several premium services.
.
She still loves him, and is determined to continue the relationship. Sigh. We visited the adult daycare center this morning. She liked it. It will work out, though it will be expensive. This afternoon we go to the day hab program south of here. That wouldn't cost money. I suspect we will end up using a combination of the two. Case Manager may come to the day hab program this afternoon.
.
I am going to write Flasher's mom a letter. I need to cool down a bit before I write it, but I am going to ask that she not talk to Daughter again, but come to me with concerns. I am going to point out all the times I haven't called the cops about her son, and suggest that maybe she needs to concern herself with his activities more than Daughter's. I am seriously considering pulling Daughter out of any Special Olympic sports that he is doing.
.
Daughter's sense of humor is returning, and when she hasn't been berating me for trying to prevent her from seeing her True Love, she's been playful this morning. My hope is that once her days are filled with other things she will be able to set Flasher aside. I hope.

2 comments:

maeve said...

There's a thread on "our" forum that Owl started with regard to the need to have a boyfriend. I battle that here as well. I think it's more the idea of having a boyfriend than any sorting of the guys to find the one that you "really" like. K is finally getting the hang of it, but I think this is really a social skills thing, not to mention self esteem. So, just what you need is advice from me, huh? Not!

Wouldn't it be good if folks like Flasher and His Mother (I think you should change his name to Grendel -- didn't grendel have a mother?) would just disappear from your life altogether? I think your idea of writing her a letter is terrific, assuming that she can read. OOOOOH, that was mean. sorry. An adult who calls a kid is really not exhibiting terribly good social skills herself.

OK, I'm done. Just wanted to commiserate. There's a tune running through my head: It Might As Well Be Spring. Think about the lyrics. I'm gonna look them up so I can sing to miss k when she gets home.

Reverend Mom said...

I think you're right about the desire for a boyfriend. Daughter acknowledged that today. My hope is that getting her out of that culture will help her set aside the desire for a boyfriend. Good song....