Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Different Phone Call

So yesterday evening I was getting phone calls from people telling me that Daughter was on the highway headed to town. This evening, I received a phone call from an elderly woman here in town. She was feeling funny, could I come over? So Daughter and I got in the car and went to visit her. Daughter is always cooperative in these situations. Always. It really is amazing.
.
V's family is trying to get her to move. She's in her mid 90's, and lives alone. Her daughter, who lived near her, has died. Anyway, V was concerned-- she'd taken her nitro, but didn't know what to do. So, we sat and talked. We shared stories and memories. She was wondering if maybe she shouldn't live alone anymore. I pointed out she'd handled this situation perfectly. She knew the woman who most often helps her was going to be gone this evening. She tried to call a nurse in the congregation, but didn't get an answer. So, she called me. "You said I could call you anytime."
.
We had a delightful visit. She decided she was going to be okay. Daughter and I came home. Daughter is so much better now that she knows she'll be back in a routine and going to the gift shop daily. I feel better able to cope with the busy days that are ahead now that she is on a more even keel. I hope it continues.

No comments: