Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Morning After

I was late getting to bed last night-- I had to cool off before my anger would let me sleep. As a result, I was a little late beginning my work out this morning, which meant that I had to fix Daughter's breakfast, get her pills and insulin, and bring them all out into the living room so that she wouldn't be in the kitchen unsupervised this morning.
.
She was apologetic this morning, but she won't tell me that she'll stop the behavior. I think that is an honest answer. She acknowledges that my rules are reasonable and designed to keep her safe, but she just can't (or won't) promise me that she'll follow them.
.
As per our agreement with Therapist, we haven't talked about Flasher. She's still with him, because she went upstairs to brush her teeth after breakfast. Getting her to brush her teeth is almost impossible, so her desire to brush them can only be the result of wanting to please a man. Therapist thought that by the end of today it would be over. I don't think that will be the case. It would be nice, but I think it's going to take more time.
.
Flasher may be the one who breaks it off when he gets frustrated with only seeing her at the workshop and not be able to touch her there. I am glad it's not my problem.

3 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

At least she brushed her teeth. Maybe that will get Flasher in a romantic mood ("My girl's breath isn't stinky anymore! Yowee!") and he'll attempt a kiss, which will send her running for cover, thereby ending the relationship. Again.

Reverend Mom said...

There's a cheery thought. Thanks. I will hold onto that hope today.

Reverend Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.