Thursday, April 29, 2010

Voices?

Daughter claimed last night that she's hearing voices again, and told me I was lucky because they were telling her to beat me with our big flashlight. Do I believe her? No. I think she was feeling very guilty, and her guilt generally comes out as anger and a desire to run away. She was quite dramatic, though, and very defiant. She brought the Love You Forever book from her room and stood in front of me and tore it apart and put it in the waste basket.
.
I didn't help much by seeking to increase her guilt. I informed her she was stomping on my heart, and if she'd like, I'd take it out to make it easier for her to stomp some more. The most frustrating part of all of this for me is that she showed me in every way she could that she can not be left unsupervised at all. I had made the mistake of sending her back over to the house to get a couple of things for the senior luncheon.
.
She also showed that she's not ready to be anywhere near any of the workshop crowd. This week I am only taking her to daycare 2 days. Next week it will be at least 3 days. I don't care how much it costs, my sanity is worth more.

4 comments:

maeve said...

Don't you wish that you could get to the bottom of all of this? It's so hard to figure out why they regress in these ways. Sometimes I say "why ask why" or "it is what it is", but a magic pill would be terrific, wouldn't it? Or a month's vacation at the beach ALONE!

Reverend Mom said...

Actually, I prefer the mountains....

maeve said...

Okay, the mountains. I might want to join you.

Reverend Mom said...

We'd have fun.