Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nice Guy's Mom

Remember Nice Guy? He was the man Daughter was dating for a while. It finally ended because he was pushing for marriage and Daughter couldn't handle it. His Mom is the Respite Worker coming to take Daughter Saturday while I go to a seminar. I've talked to her at Special Olympic events and like her. She called and I talked to her on the phone. She's pulled Nice Guy out of the workshop because of all the drama.
.
Some other tidbits from our conversation: Daughter called Nice Guy last week and told him I'd kicked her out of the house. Daughter gives Flasher mixed messages, and often has to be right next to him.
.
I went online last night and ordered 3 skeleton keys, in the hope that one will work on my bedroom door. It would be nice if one worked on the guest room door, too. I hate having to keep everything locked up. I hate having alarms on the pantry doors. I hate having to keep her close to me at all times.
.
She was up in the middle of the night complaining that her blood sugar was dropping. I came downstairs to get her a snack, because I couldn't trust her to come down unsupervised. From her blood sugar this morning, though, it looks like she did come down at some point. She gave me a note this morning telling me she needs to go to the hospital. I've told her she can't run away to the hospital. She's not happy about that. She woke me up around 2:00, and around 5:00 I woke up with a severe cramp in my leg. I've heard people complain of leg cramps, but it's the first time I've experienced one. I had a banana for breakfast, and hope I won't go through that again.
.
Anyway, I'm tired this afternoon. It's a combination of emotional exhaustion from dealing with Daughter and physical exhaustion from lack of sleep. I'm also in the process of reviewing my will, living trust, and special needs trust documents that I've had prepared for me. I found out that both of my sisters are afraid to have Daughter in their homes overnight. I guess I can understand, but I also grieve as I think about what she is losing. I had hoped to go visit Far Away Sister this summer, but I won't leave Daughter at home, and I don't want to pay for a motel.
.
In spite of it all, I'm still standing, and I'm still functioning. I'm working on Sunday's worship now and have rice on for a casserole I'm making for more freezer lunches. Life goes on. God is still good. All the time. Even when I'm tired.

No comments: