Sunday, April 11, 2010

Foiled Again

At youth group tonight, Daughter went over to the park with the kids to play softball. Secretary and I stayed in the church kitchen, where we had a supper for the kids. One of Secretary's Foster Sons came running in to tell me that Daughter had fallen. He looked concerned, but she was conscious, so I informed him it was attention seeking behavior and he should tell her to come back over to the church. FS grinned, "I kind of wondered."
.
Daughter came in a few minutes later and showed us her injured knee and elbow. I looked and said, "No blood, you're fine." Secretary wasn't impressed either. I told her to sit down.
.
She sat for a few minutes and then asked if she could go back and rejoin the game. I told her that no, I couldn't risk her falling again. After we were done, I made her stay and lock the door for Secretary. She protested. I informed her she owed that to FS.
.
At track practice she'd made a show of not feeling well and checking her blood sugar. I was watching, but didn't ask how she was or move towards her. I'm sure she was quite disappointed to discover her blood sugar was normal.
.
I hope that eventually she'll figure out this attention seeking behavior isn't working. I hope. I did have a wonderful time with our youth tonight. We truly have a great bunch of kids. It's nice that I'm finding rewards in my ministry to help shift my focus from the challenges with Daughter. I had a phone call today. The church I interviewed with last month is calling someone else. The right place will come at the right time.

No comments: