Monday, April 12, 2010

Mission Accomplished

Yesterday evening Daughter came to me and asked, "Are you taking your shower in the morning?"
.
"I haven't decided yet. Don't you want to take yours in the morning? I thought this morning was fun."
.
"I thought it was torture!"
.
I was delighted to know that Daughter had found my cheery shower attitude to be torture. It was what I wanted to happen--she got her way, and it didn't work out as she had hoped.
.
I have spent the day running errands. This is the first chance I've had to sit down at the computer. It was a long day, but I got quite a big accomplished. Neurologist is weaning Daughter off one of her seizure medications. We are both pleased. Even Daughter has decided he's okay now that he is getting her off some of her meds. He told me he ran into some people from Tiny Village and told them that the preacher was a good friend of his.
.
Daughter was complaining about the fact that they've moved her to a group that doesn't have work at the workshop. She couldn't figure out why. I suggest that if you turn down work enough times, they'll take it away from you and give it to someone else. She was not pleased, but later told Therapist that she had been moved because she "spent too much time standing around, complaining, hiding in the bathroom, and not doing work."
.
I thought Flasher was history, and that Phone Harasser was the current flame. As of today, that's changed. She dumped PH and is back with Flasher. She told Therapist, "Do you want to hear the story of all the drama the workshop involving PH, Flasher, and me?"
.
I was down yesterday after hearing I'd missed out on another church. Today one of the podcasts I subscribe to spoke directly to my frustration. God always provides something to put things in perspective.

No comments: