Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Miracle

I received a call from Flasher's Mom this afternoon. She had just gotten the letter I wrote, and was calling to apologize. She had no idea it was so bad. She's pulling Flasher out of the workshop. He will be starting back with a job in an enclave soon, and she said he can stay home alone, so she'll pull him out now so Daughter can attend.
.
To say I am amazed would be an understatement. I happened to be talking to Case Manager when Flasher's Mom called. I called CM back, and Daughter will start Monday. She will go to the gift shop for a while. I am not confident that there won't still be lots of drama at the workshop, so I told her that after she gets stronger, we'll discuss a return to the workshop. For now, she'll be at the gift shop.
.
My life just got much easier. I am grateful. I knew God was good.

2 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

That's great news! Do you think it will last or will she change her mind and re-enroll him if he complains?
What about the other drama-loving young adults at the workshop, will they be a problem with regard to getting your DD all worked up over dating?

Reverend Mom said...

Hopefully if she does, Daughter will be stable enough to resist. She won't have much exposure to them-- just a few minutes a day, and the ones who are the biggest instigators drive and don't take the buses-- so Daughter shouldn't overlap with them. The gift shop is supposedly drama free.