Saturday, April 17, 2010

Conflicted

I let Daughter sleep as long as she wanted this morning. It was noon before she rolled out of bed. She was dry! C came over and we put Daughter's bed back together and put her dresser back in her room. I washed all the linens again with deodorizer. Even washing the daily, they still had the urine smell. Her room is now fresh. She was very pleased to have her room back to something a bit more normal. I haven't put her desk or nightstand in yet, but they will come as she shows she can handle things.
.
She has had several moments of anxiety and anger today. Change is hard. She's going miss her friends. She should be able to stay at the workshop. Her friends think I'm evil. Each time we've talked things through, and she's acknowledged that this is what is best for her. She knows this is the best thing for her, but both of us are anxious as we figure out how we're going to manage without the workshop.
.
When she gets through the anger, she's been happy and cooperative today. Her sens of humor is returning. Her playful nature is back. I'd forgotten how charming she could be. I'd forgotten what it was like to enjoy spending time with her. I'm grateful.

No comments: