Friday, April 30, 2010

Chinese

Today has been a busy day. I over scheduled myself this week, and Daughter's drama didn't help. I had a meeting an hour away from here this morning. I dropped Daughter at Daycare (which of course was in the wrong direction, meaning it took much more than an hour) and headed to the meeting. I talked to Case Manager about the plans for Monday and my attorney about my will and such on the drive. After the meeting I had a delightful lunch with 3 friends. I got back to Town at 2:30, and visited two nursing homes (5 people). I dealt with phone calls from Daughter and from the supervisor at the gift shop. She's excited about Daughter coming, and it sounds like the perfect situation for Daughter. Never more than 9 people, quiet and laid back.
.
I got home and had to print out the wedding service for a rehearsal this evening. My computer has become more erratic with each passing day, but tonight it out did itself. A portion of the service was in Chinese. I didn't even know my computer spoke Chinese. I did convince it to give me an English version. After the rehearsal, Daughter and I came home and just sat for a few minutes, then we cleaned out the car and ate supper. I have to leave at 7:30 tomorrow for a seminar an hour from here. I'm taking three of the saints with me, so I decided we'd best make room for them to sit in the car. We'll leave a little early so I can be back by 3:30 for the wedding at 4:30.
.
Daughter and I had a quiet, cooperative evening. She told me how much she'd miss me tomorrow. They are going to go out to eat and to a movie and shopping. She'll have fun. I hope Daughter will do a little cleaning in the morning. The change in her is amazing. I'm grateful, because the schedule I have this weekend would have been much more challenging if she had continued to run away and be oppositional. I will enjoy her calm for however long it lasts.

No comments: