Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day One with the Plan

This morning we were over at the church. Daughter straightened up the pews and ran the vacuum over muddy foot prints. She took some items to the post office. As long as she was working, she was fine, when she sat for any length of time, you could see her drooping and getting depressed. Now we're home. I typed up the chore list for her and she sat and studied it for a while.
.
Our final community concert is this evening, and she has an appointment with Therapist at 5:00. She wanted me to move it up. I told her she could wait until 5:00. I pointed out that as long as she is working, she's fine, so she needs to get to work. She told me she's been dreaming about the workshop, and her friends are telling her to come back. We talked again about why she had to leave. She seems to think her friends created the drama so she would leave. I assured her that wasn't the case. Today she says she's through with Flasher. Tomorrow he may her one true love again.
.
She has chosen the jobs she's going to do, and is putting music in the stereo to motivate her. She's moving very slowly. I've had a more productive day, and I'm grateful. Now it's back to work.

2 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

It sounds like your DD is still at the egocentric stage of a young child where everything is about her. Plus, there seems to be some paranoia there if she thinks her "friends" schemed to get rid of her.

Reverend Mom said...

Very young. As in 3. I'll be posting about it soon.