Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Incident Reports

Daughter earned two incident reports at the workshop today. Yesterday she told us about her plan for staying away from Flasher. She practiced it. She told us that she wasn't ready for a boyfriend and was not going to look for one. Today she went to the workshop and spent the whole day ignoring the supervisor's attempts to redirect her away from Flasher. She hit him. She stood up and cursed loudly at everyone in the workshop.
.
Of course, she didn't tell me none of this. In the phone calls, she insisted she was staying away from Flasher and wasn't being treated right. Case Manager called to fill me in. CM said this was the first they had seen of this behavior at the workshop, in the past she's saved the anger and acting out for me. When she got home, I asked her about her day. I could see her mind working as she tried to figure out how much I knew. I told her it would be easier if she just told me the truth, and then she wouldn't have to worry about what I knew. Instead, she decided to tell me nothing. She retreated to her room and has been there most of the evening. When she goes to her room, she sleeps. I don't know how she can sleep this much, but she does. When she came down for supper, and I asked her if she intended to do any housework this evening. She told me to get off her back. I pointed out I wasn't on her back-- all I had done was ask her questions, and when she refused to answer them, I hadn't pushed. I'm going to have to call her down to take her insulin and night time pills soon.
.
Tomorrow Flasher won't be at the workshop, so it will be interesting to see how she does. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about next week yet. Right now I'm taking it one day at a time.

No comments: