Friday, March 5, 2010

A Better Evening

Daughter came home and showed genuine remorse. She was truly sorry for hurting me. She hadn't meant to. Gradually the story has come out. Apparently Flasher has been sitting next to her and keeping up a constant line of chatter. Among his topics of conversation:
.
Daughter's only problem is Mom, and therefore getting away from me would solve all her problems and make her happy.
.
He has been telling her what he wants to do with her in a sexual context. She was quite horrified by his descriptions of what he'd do with fudge sauce.
.
Now the good news in all of this is that Flasher is only at the workshop Monday-Wednesday. Even better is the fact that he doesn't have phone privileges, so she can't talk to him when he's not at the workshop.
.
She wanted to work tonight. I sent her upstairs and made her use the cleaner I purchased on her mattress. She told me she had a sore on one of her butt cheeks. I told her it was probably from sleeping in urine all night-- it would cause her skin to break down. I'm making her face the consequences of her bed wetting-- and hoping they are substantial enough she will stop doing it.
.
She has been extremely affectionate, and told me she needs to be back under my wing, and wants to go back to line of vision supervision.
.
We're watching a show off the DVR. Flasher just called. He told Daughter that she can't move in with is Dad, but he knows where there is an apartment she can have. She told him she's not moving out, and broke up with him.
.
She wants to stay with me, and hopes we will be moving soon. She also desperately wants to have a boyfriend. Life is hard for her right now. I hope we will be able to get a fresh start in a new community, and that the workshop environment there will be a little less toxic.

No comments: