Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Return Home

It was the fastest discharge we've had from the psych unit. When I got there her blood sugar was over 300. The nurse had the paper work ready, so we repacked the clothes we'd unpacked the night before and came back to Town. Daughter claimed her cell phone as soon as we got in the car, and began calling friends. She's worried about Cat, and disappointed when I explained that he's not in kind of hospital where we can go visit.
.
Her blood sugar was acting up. She'd been very low before lunch, so she hadn't had insulin. We dropped of prescriptions and went out to eat. I gave her insulin to cover the high blood sugar with supper and by bedtime her blood sugar was back in range. As soon as we got home, she went upstairs and plugged up the toilet. That happens every time she's in the hospital, unfortunately. She didn't wet the bed last night, so that's good news. She still hasn't unpacked. She had cleaned out her locker at the workshop Tuesday before I picked her up, so she had a number of bags she brought in from the car in addition to the suitcase. I wouldn't let her take them all upstairs, because I figured she'd get overwhelmed and not get the things put away properly. I told her she can take them upstairs a little at a time.
.
Psychiatrist reduced the strength of her catapres patch. I'm a little concerned about this, because it has been a miracle drug for reducing her rage and volatility. She did it because of the ER visit, when they decided she has low blood pressure and was dehydrated. We'll see how she does with it.
.
Cat is improving. He had an appetite this morning, which was very good news. Vet had said some cats won't eat the special diet.
.
Right now, things are going well, and hopefully that will continue. I bought a zippered bag for Daughter's mattress, and we'll put that on today. Hopefully that will get rid of the odor in her room. It's going to be a busy day, but a good busy for the most part. I'm grateful that I don't have to go back to Big City until her appointment with Psychiatrist on the 25th.

2 comments:

maeve said...

Is your big city the same as my big city?

Glad to hear the chaos is lessening some. Thinking of you.

Reverend Mom said...

No. Mine is only an hour from here-- you probably wouldn't consider it big. Yours is 4 hours from me.

Thanks.