Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring

It feels like Spring today. The temperature outside is 62, so I opened some windows. For the first time since I moved here over 13 years ago, I can easily open the windows since they were all replaced this winter. I can hear birds and kids. Cat sat up and looked out the window for a while. I think he has been more active today, so maybe he will improve some.
.
Daughter was picked up a little while ago to go to practice for basketball skills. She did pretty well today, doing a decent job with most of her assigned tasks. I took advantage of her being home to catch up on laundry, which she hates. I love having it all caught up (at least until we get ready for bed tonight). Tomorrow she will go back to the workshop. I will be able to take care of some pastoral care needs with her safely at the workshop.
.
I received an email from the church I've been talking to. I had about given up, figuring a rejection letter was in the mail to me. Several of their members are on vacation, so they are waiting for them to return to make a decision. The waiting is hard, but if I am going to move, the longer we have to stabilize Daughter before the move, the better off we are. Notice that I think she can be stabilized. I also read an article today that made me very grateful we didn't get the call to the church I interviewed with at the end of January. They have had draconian cuts to medicaid in that state, making it almost impossible to find providers willing to take any patients with medicaid. While my insurance is primary, I have still found that it is very challenging finding people willing to take her on.
.
While life is going to be challenging for the next few weeks, I'm feeling more confident about getting through them. As I mentioned this morning, my devotional material last night and this morning spoke directly to the challenges. Today I wrote the service for next Wednesday evening, and found that it spoke directly to them, too. I guess God realizes I'm a little bit dense, and that one reminder or even 2 or 3 aren't enough to get through my thick skull. I got the message. I'm not in this alone. God did not call me to be Daughter's parent and then abandon me. There will be more blessings in it.

No comments: