Thursday, March 18, 2010

4:00 a.m.

Daughter's door alarm woke me up at 4:00 a.m. She told me she couldn't sleep and was going to get in the shower and get dressed. Fine.
.
When she finished in the bathroom, she asked if she could go downstairs and check her blood sugar and get something to drink. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but I didn't want to get out of nice cozy bed, so I told her she could. The she came in and put Cat on my bed, telling him he could sleep with me. At 5:30 she was once again hovering over me. That was when my patience ran out. "Go to your room and don't come out until I tell you to!"
.
"Am I waking you up?"
.
"Go!"
.
My radio came on at 6:00, and at 6:20 I got up and told her she could come out. I came downstairs and took care of the things she needed in the kitchen: lunch, pills, breakfast. Her blood sugar was 38 points higher than it had been when she'd checked earlier. She was offended that I didn't believe her protests that she hadn't been into any food. It wasn't fair that I wouldn't trust her. I watched her take her pills and her insulin, and then went into the living room to begin my wii fit routine.
.
I was just beginning when I heard a suspicious sound. Returning to the kitchen, I found Daughter adding another package of oatmeal to her bowl. She insisted that she had a reason for doing it. She was doing it because she was mad. I emptied her bowl into the trash and fixed one package of oatmeal for her. I made her bring her food into the living room so I could do my routine and watch her.
.
In between aerobic segments I retrieved the laundry basket from the back porch and brought in to the living room and told her to start folding. She refused. She sat on the couch and pouted while I did the step routine. Now she's out waiting on the bus. It's a very good thing she's going to the workshop today. A very, very good thing....

4 comments:

Jules said...

I hope your day gets better; you certainly deserve it.

Reverend Mom said...

Jules,
Thank you. It's been wonderful to have a day without Daughter.

Jules said...

You're welcome. I was reading some of your older entries and it made my heart hurt for you both. Can I help in any way?

Reverend Mom said...

Jules,

Pray for patience for me and stability for Daughter. Thanks.