Monday, March 29, 2010

Expectations

Tuesday Daughter and C cleaned her room (again). Currently she has a mattress and a lamp in it. Every day I've been reminding her to take care of her room. This morning I discovered that she had a huge pile of dirty clothes in the corner and she'd thrown clean clothes on the floor of her closet (again).
.
I asked her, "Is it expecting too much to want you to take care of your clothes?"
.
"No. You're not expecting too much."
.
"So what needs to happen so you will take care of them?"
.
"You need to keep reminding me and check to make sure I do it."
.
Before we headed to Town, she sorted all the dirty clothes and put them in the hamper. When we got home, I reminded her about her room.
.
"It's done."
.
"Did you hang up the clothes on the closet floor?"
.
"Yes, I did."
.
"Okay, come on, I'll check it with you."
.
"Okay, fine. I didn't do it."
.
"Well you'd best go take care of them now."
.
There are only a couple of items she needs to take care of. But since that time she's snuck food, slammed doors, yelled choice thoughts at me, pouted in her room, and is currently sitting in a living room chair with her backed turned towards me sleeping. She hasn't taken care of the clothes. I'm back to wondering if I expect too much from her.

No comments: