Sunday, March 28, 2010

God Is Good. All the Time.

This morning in worship our theme was praising. The children came in waving their palm branches, and they sang a wonderful little song that was set to a familiar folk tune. It took me a few minutes, but I finally identified the song: What do you do with a drunken sailor? I found that amusing. As I talked to them during the children's time, I taught them a call and response.
.
Call: God is Good
.
Response: All the time.
.
Call: All the time.
.
Response: God is good.
,
The kids really got into it. I asked them if they thought the congregation could do it. They didn't, which was rather amusing. So we tried it with the congregation, and the congregation liked it. I kept them awake for my sermon by throwing that in every so often.
.
I've been pondering God's goodness this week. Daughter is more stable for now, and hopefully will continue to improve and have several months of stability before the next crisis. In the midst of the challenges with Daughter, it can be very hard to stay positive and see God's goodness. I know I was called to be Daughter's mom, and I tell myself God didn't call me to her for it to end in disaster. When she is stuck in her downward spiral, that can be hard to remember. Just because I don't remember it doesn't mean it isn't true.
.
We are now officially in Holy Week. Secretary has an appointment with a surgeon on Wednesday. Already we can see God's hand at work in her health problems. She needs surgery on some torn ligaments in her knee. She had presurgical tests done, one of which was a chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed a mass, which led to a CT scan. The CT scan showed something in the lymph nodes, which led to a PET scan. The PET scan shows that the mass on the lung is probably a calcification and is not a cause for concern. The lymph nodes, though, are a problem. If this is cancer, it was discovered before she had symptoms because of an injured knee. Like I said, God is good. All the time.

3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Yes, he is.

Watch the lymphs.

Inspiring call and response. May it get to the children when they really need it.

Good wishes for Holy Week.

Mark said...

He definitely is ... He never fails us even if we seldom do fail Him...

Just can't put to wonders how He has touched the the my life as well as my family's lives with His goodness...

Reverend Mom said...

Thank you both-- may this Holy Week bring you many blessings.