Thursday, March 18, 2010

10:15 a.m.

I was sitting in the church office when my cell phone rang. I recognized the workshop's number, and told my secretary, "This is not good news." One of Daughter's friends had delivered to her a letter from Flasher. Daughter had sent it on to Case Manager, who had read it and called me to fill me in. Flasher wanted to know if they were still going together, assured her of his deep love for her, and told her she had to get rid of me, because her friends thought I was a *itch.
.
I told CM that Daughter would certainly agree with that assessment after our morning. At least they have something concrete now to show that not all of Daughter's stories are fantasy. CM will talk to Flasher on Monday, which will be his next day at the workshop. The letter confirms that it is not a good idea for the two of them to be together right now.
.
The good news is Daughter has not called me today. Therapist told her that if she continued to call me multiple times a day, we would think she couldn't handle being at the workshop. She didn't like that idea.
.
More good news: she will be back at the workshop tomorrow.
.
Even better news: for the first time in weeks Cat followed me into the bathroom, jumped up on the counter, and demanded I turn on the water for him. I had to help him get his hind quarters up onto the counter, which I did gladly. I also was obedient and turned on the water for him. He was happy.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm a cat person so I am so happy to hear how Cat is behaving this morning!

maeve said...

I'm a cat person too, so I agree with Linda. Great news.

As for Flasher, hasn't he put in writing the fact that he has a plan to do you harm? Isn't that against the law? Aren't you afraid that you are not safe? Isn't Flasher in some sort of trouble???

maeve said...

I think they need to do more than talk to Flasher on Monday. They need to call the cops. This is ridiculous. How long will they let this go on?

Reverend Mom said...

Linda and Maeve,

He tried to escape when I came in the front door with the mail. I didn't let him get by me, but I did open some windows so he could get some fresh air.

Maeve,

I'm going to let them deal with Flasher. He didn't technically threaten me, he just encouraged Daughter to get away from me. At least that's what's in writing.

Daughter asked CM to tell Flasher she doesn't want to have anything to do with him. I don't think she trusts herself near him.