Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Story

Nothing like exploring Scripture with two fine young men to energize me. I love my job. Anyway, since I've been re energized, I'll share the story of how Daughter got herself hospitalized this time.
.
As all of my readers know, Daughter has not been doing well lately. Some of the things that issues that were raised with Psychiatrist:
  • She hasn't been sleeping well. She was up at 5:00 this morning.
  • She doesn't seem to have a good grasp of reality.
  • She has been trying to hurt herself in a variety of ways.
  • She keeps going back to Flasher, even though she admits he is dangerous. Today she said he'd been "touching" her in "private" places. It's the first I'd heard of that. Who knows if it's real.
  • It's unclear how much of this is medication related and how much of this is related to the toxic environment at the workshop. As Psychiatrist pointed out, she's claiming she's been molested, which would be a very powerful trigger for her PTSD. I said I thought Flasher was a symptom, and not the cause.
  • She said she's not able to break up with Flasher. When I pointed out she did Friday, she said the only reason she could do it then was because I was in the room with her.
  • She was presenting as very depressed, with her head down almost to her knees. It was hard for Psychiatrist to get her to say anything.
  • She has been wetting the bed.

She wet the bed again last night. The three nights she was dry began with her breakup with Flasher. She agreed to be his girlfriend again yesterday, and wet the bed last night. She is putting herself in what she knows are dangerous situations.

When she left this morning, I told her to turn the ringer on on her cell phone, and I would call her when I got to the workshop so I wouldn't have to park the car and go in. She called while I was on my way, and I told her I'd be there in three minutes, so to be waiting for me. When I got there, she wasn't waiting for me. So I called her. I called her multiple times. She wasn't answering. When she finally answered, she told me I'd have to come in, because she couldn't go to the lobby until I came because there wasn't anyone there to watch her. I was not happy as I parked the car and went in, and then had to ring the bell several times before someone showed up to call her to the front. She had been busy talking to her friends, so she hadn't bothered answering my calls or telling me why she wasn't out there waiting for me. She said, "Are you made at me?"

I put extra effort into explaining her diabetic needs when I admitted her, hoping to avoid the problems we've had with that in the past. She called me a little before 7:00 tonight in tears. She wasn't safe there. They gave her a regular, high carb meal for supper without checking her blood sugar or giving her insulin. She wasn't happy. She also said they needed me to bring her birth control pill in right away. She told them I wouldn't be back until Thursday, and the nurse asked about someone else dropping it off. I called and spoke with the nurse. There had been a delay in getting her orders, but they were now in place. I pointed out that I live a distance from the hospital, that she is only on the pill to control her periods, and that they wouldn't be able to use the pills anyway, as I'd taken them out of their original packaging and put them in the pill boxes I set up for a month at a time. I warned her didn't have a clear grasp of reality right now. Apparently she was telling Nurse that Flasher had been slapping her. I doubt that story. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a danger to her.

I'm considering pulling her out of the workshop at least on Mondays. Then she'd only be at the workshop with him on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I hope we'll be out of here soon. I hope the next place will have a healthier atmosphere in their workshop. Fortunately, God knows what we need even better than we do.

No comments: