Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A New Audience

Daughter has found a new audience. She has one that hasn't seen her tricks. When I got home from church tonight there was a message on the machine. A rather cryptic message giving the hospitals initials and saying to call this number. Privacy and all. So I called. A rather nervous nurse seemed relieved that I had called. They had found Daughter on the floor. She said she'd been light headed. Her vitals were fine. They called the doctor. They shipped her to the ER.
.
I told the nurse it was attention seeking behavior and I hoped that they were making her miserable in the ER. The ER doctor just called. She thought Daughter had had a seizure. I told her she hadn't-- it was attention seeking behavior and she had a history of psychogenic nonepileptic seizures. I talked to Daughter. I didn't offer her any sympathy. I suggested it hadn't worked out very well. She wasn't ready to admit that she hadn't been seeking attention. She tried to tell me there had been a witness to the seizure. I told her I knew she could be quite convincing. I assured her I loved her and I'd see her tomorrow evening. Definitely not the response she was seeking.
.
They are treating her diabetes now, and her blood sugars are coming down into range.
.
We had a wonderful supper and worship service this evening. We did sound checks on the prodigal son and the older brother in preparation for Sunday. They were satisfied with the parts I had written for them. I encouraged them to make them their own and get it into their own words. I sought out one of the readers from tonight's service. Her part had hit very close to home-- it mentioned suicide and her daughter is suicidal. We talked briefly about that. I made arrangement to meet someone to take shut-in communion tomorrow to one of the saints.
.
Daughter is someone else's problem right now. She can ride the roller coaster. I'm waiting in the station.

No comments: