Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rubberized

I was contemplating the things I've been doing to strengthen me and keep me focused while Daughter is being so challenging. This morning I received the weekly mailing from a life coach who works with pastors. He offers a free weekly email of tips. This morning he was talking about "rubberizing." It's part of being resilient, and being able to bounce back from challenges and stresses.
.
I loved that idea, and the way God sent me a word to explain what I have been doing. Now most of you have never seen me. I'm obese, unathletic, totally lacking in coordination. Exercise and I have never gotten along. As of today, I've only missed 3 days using the wii fit this month, and one of those days was the day after I fell and injured my knee.
.
I'm doing 10 minutes of yoga for the stretching-- but none of the exercises that require balance, like standing on one leg. I'm doing 13 minutes of rhythm boxing, and the last two days I've been at 30 minutes of free step. During the free step, I listen to a podcast-- a sermon, teaching or some other thing that connects me to God.
.
I have discovered that what they say is true-- I have more energy, feel better, and am more focused when I begin the day with exercise and with God. I'm ending the day by listening to a podcast of evening prayer when I go to bed. I've yet to hear the entire podcast, because I'm quickly asleep.
.
I am rubberizing myself with exercise and God, and that is what will get me through the challenges of Holy Week, Daughter, and whatever else life throws my way.

No comments: