Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Challenges

Well, how rubberized I've become is about to be tested. Secretary went in for presurgical testing for a knee repair she had scheduled for after Easter. They found a mass on her lung. The CT scan showed something in her lymph nodes. She goes for another test tomorrow. One of the saints is taking her-- she thought it unnecessary, but we insisted. I'd offered, but Saint is retired and has more time than I have, so it makes sense to let her do it.
.
We had a productive morning in the office, but I am very aware that she may be out of commission next week. The x-ray was Friday, CT scan yesterday, and another test tomorrow. I have already figured out what I will do to cover if she's not able to work, but I hope and pray that won't be necessary. She is a therapeutic foster parent for an RTC, and currently has 4 teenage boys. This will be very scary for those boys, especially the one who's adoptive mother was killed by her husband. Keep them all in your prayers, please.

2 comments:

maeve said...

So sorry to hear this, first for Secretary because it sounds like health challenges will ensue, but also for you. Your stress runneth over! I wonder why you need all of these challenges at once. If you weren't so far away I'd volunteer to come and play secretary; wonder if you could find a retired admin person who would be willing to help out? (I'm sure you've already thought of that -- just rambling again.)

Reverend Mom said...

I'm concerned for Secretary and her family. I'll be fine-- we got a great deal done yesterday, and the rest will get done at the right time.

I'd love to have you as my secretary-- I'd convert you! Actually, my plan is to have C fill in. She's ery computer literate and was an English major. She would spoil me.