Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ponderings

Daughter has become exceptionally skilled at sneaking food. I find myself wondering if she is testing my ability to keep her safe. I think for a while I'm going to require her to be within my line of vision. This is exhausting, but maybe it will provide her with the sense of safety she is needing right now.
.
I have spent the day working on my sermon for this Sunday. Some of the people from the church I'm talking to right now will be in worship on Sunday, so I'm stressing a bit more than usual. The challenge with starting this sermon this early in the week is that I find my mind running in hundreds of different directions. It's hard to find the focus I need with so much time ahead.

2 comments:

maeve said...

Line of sight supervision: we used it at the Youth Development Center when we had kids who needed it. I wonder if that might make her feel more secure. It might be worth a try.

Reverend Mom said...

She's always one step ahead of me. She didn't object when I told her she had to stay in my line of vision. She told me she had to go to the bathroom. I told her to go upstairs (away from food). I didn't follow. I heard her go into her bedroom. At supper time her blood sugar was once again higher than it should have been. She had a jar of peanut butter and a spoon hidden in her bedroom. Sigh.