Monday, March 8, 2010

Like Mom

Daughter has fallen twice since she got home. I'm working very hard at not reacting. I think she's jealous of the attention I got when I fell yesterday. She wants that kind of attention. I'm sure she's frustrated right now that I'm not offering it. It's an ongoing struggle getting her to use her words to state what she is feeling and what she needs.
.
I'm sure part of her frustration is that I have been busy since she got home. I was finishing clearing off my desk when she got home, and I'm working on laundry. I'm listening to sermon podcasts while I work. She hates it when I'm using my ipod. I try not to use it when she's home, but today I was in the middle of something and was going to finish it. It will be interesting to see how long it takes her to tell me what it is she wants.

No comments: