Saturday, October 23, 2010

Overdoing

I have been fighting a cold, and I thought it was getting better. Unfortunately, it has gone into a sinus infection. I'm trying to decide if I should go to urgent care and get antibiotics. At this point, I'm going to give it a couple more days. I took some decongestant this morning, and I think that's helped. What didn't help was the fact that I did way too much yesterday.
.
I was up by 7:00 cleaning the kitchen. I did a deep cleaning, found homes for more items, and made a huge pot of chili. I mowed the back yard, or rather, mulched the leaves. I did lots of laundry. Yesterday evening we drove about 30 minutes north of here to an apple orchard. I bought half a bushel of northern spy apples, my favorite cooking apple. The drive was about the first time I'd sat all day. I was already sore by the time we got home. I sat with the heating pad on my back and fell asleep. At midnight I woke up and dragged myself into bed.
.
It was almost 9:00 before I got up this morning. I've been waking up at 5:30, so I was amazed I'd slept that late. I got up and ached all over. My muscles and joints were protesting the fact that I'd been on my feet most of the day yesterday. My sinuses were full and aching. In short, I was pretty miserable. I took ibuprofen and a decongestant and got out the heating pad. We made a quick trip to the store for groceries and to pick up Daughter's prescriptions. Now we're watching football. I still have to finish sermon and PowerPoint for tomorrow. Tomorrow there is a potluck after the worship service, so I'm going to make an apple dessert to take for that. There is a movie in the evening. I will need to get to bed early tonight so I will be ready for tomorrow. For now, it's time to go take another decongestant.

No comments: