Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day Four

I had not realized how anxious Daughter was about the assessment yesterday until this morning. On the way to the church, she asked a few questions about transportation. She was satisfied with my answer. When we got to the church, she demanded that I open the extra office for her-- the last few days she's insisted in being in my office. She drew a picture for me this morning, and then finished the stewardship letters, including putting them in alphabetical order. When she was done with that, she asked Administrative Assistant for more work, and so she sorted some choir music. AA was amazed at the change in her.
.
One of the things I decided I was going to do is send notes to members for their birthdays. AA designed note cards for me, and I sat down and wrote notes for everyone with a birthday this month-- the note is basically one sentence, telling them I'm giving thanks for the gift of their life and praying for God's blessing for them in the coming year. AA is sending them out so they arrive on or before their birthdays. One of the women who got a card today came in for choir this evening. She was so excited to get that little note.
.
Daughter did very well at choir tonight. I did not get as much done while I was at the church this evening as I had hoped, but that's okay. It was fun to visit with people as they came in and out. I'm loving my life and ministry here in Capital. I've got a little bit of work to do before Sunday, but not too much. I'm going to be able to enjoy my weekend.

No comments: