Monday, October 18, 2010

Fixed!

I have a new thermostat installed, and my furnace is now running. I also received a soft sales pitch for a new, higher efficiency furnace. I'll see how high the bills are before I make that decision. The home warranty will cover the majority of the cost, so I'm grateful.
.
Daughter is quite excited about the jewelry making kit I bought her. She is also quite proud of the ways in which she is being cooperative. She does seem happy, and I am grateful. I have most of the boxes empty in the office, so that is good. Yesterday Daughter chose something to hang on the hook on the outside of my study door. It's something along the lines of, "The Lord put me on this earth to accomplish so much, and I am so far behind I will never die." I laughed and told her she could have waited a few weeks-- I hadn't had enough time to get behind yet!
.
As of right now, though, I feel like that was a very appropriate choice. There is much to be done, and I'm finding it challenging to prioritize and focus on the most important things. For now, I need to focus on the commentary I'm reading for Sunday's sermon.

No comments: