Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Taking a Toll

The uncertainty on what her program will look like and when she will be able to to start is taking a toll on Daughter. She sobbed in my arms this afternoon, insisting we needed to go back to Tiny Village.
.
We made progress on the basement this morning, and then this afternoon we went to the home improvement store and stopped by the church, where I talked to some folks and unpacked some boxes. They are getting me a church credit card. I'm going to have to figure out how I want to structure my work week. In Tiny Village, my day off was Monday. Here, the majority of meetings are on Monday night. In fact, I have two meetings this Monday evening. The office is closed on Monday. My predecessor made Monday a reading day and worked from home that day. He took Friday and Saturday off. I'm going to have to experiment. I told the Administrative Assistant to begin thinking of jobs we could have Daughter do.
.
Thursday afternoon we have an invitation to some visit some members, who will introduce us to their neighbor, the mother of an autistic man in a group home. She knows the system. Hopefully she'll be a helpful resource. I have more names of potential doctors I need to call. Progress is being made.

No comments: