Monday, October 11, 2010

Done with Another Room

Daughter worked with me today to finish the guest room/study. There is some tweaking still to be done-- I think I'm going to bring up a printer cart that is in the basement. There is room and I need more space on the desk. I also need to hang a new valance in there. Now the only rooms that aren't done upstairs are my bedroom and the living room. The living room just needs the window treatment I ordered and some art and decorative items arranged. My bedroom needs a little more work than that, but not much.
.
Tomorrow and Wednesday we're tackling the basement. I promised Daughter that when we finish the basement, we'll go out to eat, as that will merit a celebration. I'm hoping it won't be too bad, and I'm hoping I will find my iron in one of the boxes down there. Tonight we have an invitation for dinner at the home of some members.
.
I'm getting anxious to start work. I'm hoping that I can go over to the church one day this week and begin to get my study organized. I'm hoping I'll get me lawn mower back in working order quickly. I need to mow the lawn. I don't think I will have to do it too many times yet this fall, but it definitely needs it.
.
My back is protesting, but I'm feeling good about all that I'm accomplishing and the way the house is coming together. There is more room in the guest room/study than I thought there would be. Of course, at one point it was the dumping ground for all the boxes we didn't know where to put. Daughter did a wonderful job of organizing batteries and electrical items today. She has done well, and is very anxious to head out for dinner. This couple is her favorite right now.

No comments: