Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reflections on the First Day

Daughter is anxious-- she wants to be close to me when we are in the church building. I set her up in an office a short distance from mine, but she ended up in my study because she wanted to be near me. She was frustrated when I told her to stay in my study while I attended some meetings yesterday evening, and she stayed here for a while, but then found me and sat at my feet (which wasn't a problem).
.
Yesterday did not go entirely as planned, but I did get most of the boxes unpacked. I did get some reading done for this Sunday's sermon, and I did attend 2 meetings in the evening. The groups were open to my suggestions. It was wonderful to be able to sit in a meeting and not run it. This congregation has some strong leaders, which will be both an advantage and a disadvantage. One of the groups was making plans for the Advent season, and I'm going to host an open house on December 19 following Christmas caroling.
.
I haven't figured out a way to raise the seat on the desk chair in my study to a height where I can work comfortably at the desk. We may need to get a new one-- or put a pillow on it. Fortunately, there is a computer stand next to the desk, and the pull out for the keyboard is the perfect height for me to work comfortably on my desk top.
.
I am going to like it here. There will be challenges, I will be stretched and grow, and I am very grateful God called me to this place.

No comments: