Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Loving It

Have I mentioned that I love my new position? I love having a study in the church again. It's wonderful to come in here and have the space and support I need to be effective in my work. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to organize my work week, but I am eager to come in each morning and get to work. Today we have Daughter folding stewardship letters, labeling envelopes, and then putting in the letters and pledge cards. She pointed out a typo a little while ago-- we dated it as 2011, not 2010. We had a good laugh over it, and told Daughter she could do future proof reading. When people come into the office, she's pulling out their letters and handing them to them to save postage.
.
The kitchens are now locked, so she can't get at food. She's anxious about the assessment this afternoon, and has talked to me about it several times. I am glad she's talking about it rather than acting out. I've reminded her that I won't put her in a program that isn't appropriate for her, and that my number one priority continues to be her safety. I will be glad when the assessment is complete, I think it will ease the stress for both of us.

No comments: