Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finding the Right Motivator

Daughter has been staying in bed in the mornings-- when I call her (and she finally acknowledges), she's wide awake; she's just avoiding getting up because she's wet. Monday evening I told Daughter that if she wasn't up on her own before 7:00, I would know that she wasn't getting enough sleep and she'd have to go to bed at 8:00. That didn't work. So last night, before she went to bed at 8:00, I told her that if she couldn't get up this morning on her own, there'd be no TV today. When my alarm went off at 6:00, she was already in the bathroom.
.
I think getting back into a routine was helpful for her. She has asked for (and received) a list of chores for which I will pay her. She seems to be in a very chipper mood this morning, for which I'm grateful. Of course, the downside of this is that I'm not getting my time alone in the morning. Right now she's stacking collapsed boxes against the wall in the garage. I'm hoping it will take her a while so I can finish my morning reading and reflection.
.
I want to finish unpacking the main floor today and open bank accounts. Hopefully we can get to the basement tomorrow. I also need to make some appointments.

No comments: