Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good News

There was a message when I got home today that I would be getting a letter and a phone call about the next steps for getting services for Daughter. That's good news. She needs a program.
.
As I'm getting busier, she's getting more frustrated. I'm beginning to have meetings with ministry leaders. Today I met with the couple who have been overseeing the mission program. They are burning out, so we came up with some ideas that will hopefully get more people involved and sharing the load.
.
We ate lunch in the basement today, as there was a tornado warning. The property chair decided to come hang out with us rather than venturing out into the storm. Tomorrow they are going to clear out some trees. I asked what they were doing with the wood, and perceptive man that he is, he asked if I'd like some firewood for my fireplace. They'll bring some over to the house for me. I'm happy. He also dropped some conduit off at the house that can be used by the electrician who is going to add outlets to the basement for me.
.
We're having company for supper tomorrow night, so when I got home I made soup and a cake. Daughter came home and complained. She's feeling neglected. She was quite upset when I told her I was going to be going out for lunch and to do some visits tomorrow without her. I'm meeting with the stewardship leader in the morning, and then picking up one of the pastoral care people for lunch and to go visit some of the shut-ins. She needs a program. She needs to be doing her own thing. Of course, at this point finding the time to do the rest of the work to get her situated in a program. I'll make it work. It's a priority, so I'll arrange my schedule to make it work.
.
I'm loving being in ministry here, even if I am feeling a little overwhelmed by all that needs to be done. It's exciting. I'm where I'm supposed to be, and I'm energized by it all.
.

No comments: